Berkut ini informasi lowongan kerja NGO di Oxfam Indonesia. Mencari kandidat untuk mengisi posisi Consultant Research on Gender and Youth Inclusion in Private Sectors. Lokasi kota penempatan tidak disebutkan. Silakan mencoba.
Private sectors can contribute to the reduction of youth unemployment, especially female, with various ways. The role of private sectors is varied from skills training, employment services, job-search assistance, to entrepreneurship promotion. Aside from this, private sectors who want to contribute to the reduction of female youth unemployment issues also need to consider providing youth and gender inclusive working environment to attract more youth in the private sectors.
First, young people not only shape the present of any country, but they will also profoundly determine its future. Second, young people are at a stage in life characterized by a high capacity to learn and acquire skills and, in general, positive attitudes towards participation in society. Third, investing in young has inter-generational benefits that can create powerful agents for change. Last but not least, the exclusion of youth from central societal sectors generates tremendous social and economic costs to the society and may even lead to social and political unrest.
In the heart of that is gender inclusion in employment. Equal access on education and employment will contribute to ending poverty and disparity on economic empowerment and participation. That in the end will also contribute to the achievement of Empower Youth for Work Project, especially Outcome 2 “Young women and men benefit from new or improved employment or entrepreneurship opportunities”, activity 184.108.40.206, Developing Research Report on Policy and Practice on Gender and Youth, based on private sectors experiences.
Oxfam through the EYW project will undertake activities that will influence private sectors to increase commitment to women and youth unemployment issues and the provision of youth and gender inclusive work environment to attract more youth in the private sector. These activities will begin with research and will continue with campaign and influencing activities.
- The overall aim of this research is to identify the private sectors business models on gender and youth inclusion, as well as private sectors’ network/forum/associations’ which is committed to engaging gender and youth in their program.
- To identify supporting government policies towards gender and youth inclusion in the private sectors, to be use as the basis on the influencing sphere as well as its current or existing implementation (as the essential result of this research)
- The research reports will be launched and disseminated to all related stakeholder. This activity will involve mass media, business associations, private sector representatives, and local government.
What we are looking for
Individual research consultant or research organization that have a demonstrated experience in research that have relation with private sector engagement and youth employment issues in Indonesian context.
- Proven experiences in designing and conducting research focused on private sector engagement, youth and gender issues
- Previous experiences in producing a high-quality research report in both Indonesian and English in a plain and approachable text, demonstrating excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of business model in private sector and youth issues in general;
- Ability to deliver a high-quality product in a timely manner;
- Extensive network on private sector associations/youth employment /or gender at work issues is an advantage.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Please apply in this vacancy page by uploading the required documents below
- Preliminary research framework based on the ToR consists of: suggested criteria and relevant questions for the research and information on the data collection methodology
- Timeline for the research with clear details concerning the work to be executed, and specifying interim deliverables
- Detailed budget note that the maximum budget for this research is 10.000 Euro (including tax).
- Research team description: composition, leadership and curriculum vitae of all members
- An example of research report produced by the research team or research lead in English and/or Indonesian (or valid hyperlinks to online published papers, reports) and evaluation of the work done by research team / partner if available.
All documents should be submitted in English.
If you have any problem in uploading the documents through this website, please apply and send the required documents with code INT6010 as subject e-mail to this address email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Dates: 20 December 2019
The key contact is Indry (email@example.com) dan Hery (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will lead for review and monitor the research process and appraisal for the research report.